Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year

Well, hello. Happy New Year! It's a lot of pressure to decide how to start a blog. Especially on the first day of this new year, 2013. I've decided to start off with a little backstory and write why I've decided to write a blog. So here goes...

Lynk and Gavy are the two most important people in my life. I've recently quit my job as a teacher to stay home with my little monsters. I'm so incredibly lucky to be able to stay home... and I owe that special thanks to my wonderful husband, Buck. We decided that with the stress level of my job, the amount of time the boys were in day-care during the week, and the time that Buck is away from home was too much for our little family. Our solution was for me to stay home with the boys. This will give us more quality time as a family, which is something I will cherish. I want this blog to serve as a record of our time together... the good, the bad, the amazing, the horrible, the fantastic, the sad, the wonderful, the beautiful, and yes, the ugly. My boys are young, but I know that there are memories that have escaped my mind that I felt I would remember forever. That breaks my heart. I hope that this blog will serve as a witness to our time together.

So, how are we spending the first day of 2013? .....

Well, Buck had to leave around 5 a.m. this morning to head to West Texas (near Odessa, I think) for work. However, around 11 a.m., he called saying he's headed home:) Apparently he's not needed at work for another couple of days. So, we'll get to spend some time together as a family before he has to leave again. Hmmmm, wonder what I can cram in during his time at home.....

The boys have spent the morning and afternoon playing zombies. As I write, Gavy is coming down the stairs like a zombie saying "braaaaains" as he moves slowly towards Lynk. Lynk is a robot, of course and has been given the task of surviving this evil zombie... who will survive? I know all too well that this will end with someone getting a little too physical and someone else crying... which will be on which end of that scenario? One can only guess. I'd better wrap this entry up quick and stop this zombie apocalypse before it gets to that point.

The video above is a little glimpse into our Happy New Year party with the family (and yes, Lynk is wearing an Iron-Man costume) -- Grandma, Merly, Dad, Melanie, Mark, Kinzi, my monsters, and I were all gathered around the TV for the countdown to the New Year (Buck actually slept through this, surprisingly)

Here's to a New Year, to a new adventure every day, and to putting my family's fingerprint out there in written form!


No comments:

Post a Comment